  From: Brian S. Julin <bri@tull.umassp.edu>
  To  : =?iso-8859-1?Q?Niklas_H=F6glund?= <niklas@canit.se>
  Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:48:51 -0400 (EDT)

Re: aalib target

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, [iso-8859-1] Niklas Höglund wrote:
> > 	It would require the AAlib target to overload ggiPutchar() and
> > friends, right?  I think this is possible.
>
> The problem is what to do when someone uses ggiPutc() on a coordinate
> that isn't on a text line, but "between" two.

An extension could fix this -- something like GGIConsoleOverlay;
it could take over the console as a text visual, and allow/request
fbcon to render portions of the console during graphics, like it
does without linvtsw or in aalib/monotext's case, draw portions
of the console in ASCII text over the image.

Of course then you have to deal with potential syslog messages
and other cruft appearing on the console.

--
Brian