  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 16:45:20 +0200 (MEST)

Re: GGI/GII difficulties

Hi !

> I've run into a small problem, I'm using GII for keyboard and mouse input

How exactly do you do so ?

> and it works great when running with fbdev-target. But when starting the
> program in X the windows which has the ggi-stuff on it doesn't accept
> any input, the console from which it was started does.
> (I.e. pressing of keys on the ggi-windows does nothing, but when the
> xterm-window has focus it gets handled as it should by the code).
>
> Is there some way to tie the GII inputs to a visual?

You are normally not supposed to mess with LibGII directly when using it
with a LibGGI program. LibGGI will usually automatically open appropriate
input methods for the selected visual.

You might want to use LibGII to add a few extra inputs to the
LibGGI-internally-loaded ones, but other than that, ...

CU, Andy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =