  From: Aaron Van Couwenberghe <vanco@sonic.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:47:11 -0700

Re: Tested beta 2 debian packages

On Wed, Apr 21, 1999 at 07:50:27PM +0000, Marcus Sundberg wrote:
> Charles Briscoe-Smith wrote:
> > Since I don't package the glide target (it's non-free), I've put the
> > lin_vtsw helper in the libggi-target-fbdev package.
>
> I'd like to point out that the glide target itself is OpenSource
> and that binaries of it are totally free too. However the only
> existing implementations of the libglide2x.so shared library are
> non-free.
>
> If this still violates some Debian policy I seem to recall seeing
> a directory called "non-free" in the Debian tree - maybe it could
> go in there.

Last I checked, debian didn't distribute libglide because of legal issues.
So, there's really no use in distributing a client library if its
dependencies can't be met :)

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..vanco@sonic.net.. ..aaronv@debian.org....
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org

"...Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing..."
	-- Ralph Waldo Emerson