  From: Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger@t-online.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 14:20:10 +0200 (MEST)

Re: New to GGI

On Sun, 4 Apr 1999, Norman Jordan wrote:

> Christoph Egger wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, Norman Jordan wrote:
> >
> > > Hello all.  I have been able to get kgi mostly working, I have added an
> > > entry in the config for my monitor and I have a Riva TNT card.  I
> > > compiled kgi and it works fine except that everything is red.  I was
> > > wondering if this is because I have a Riva TNT card or if anyone else
> > > has seen this problem.
> >
> > Under which conditions is everything red? Please give detailed information
> > as you can.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > Please :-)
> >
> > Christoph Egger
> > E-Mail: Christoph_Egger@t-online.de
>
> When I first load the module, I have white text on a black background with
> vertical white lines going all the way across the screen.  They are only
> separate by maybe 4 pixels.  I then use fbset to change the resolution to
> "1024x768x32" and I then have red text on a black background.  I have tried
> out the warp program and the picture turned out all red, just with varying
> shades.  I have also played around with the monitest demo and found that I
> can get color if I change the display depth to 8, however I then have the
> white lines through everything.

I haven't a Riva TNT card. I have a Matrox Millenium II PCI, but when I
load the module first the screen is white till to the bash line. Then I
have white text on black background. Mode switching is ok, except
800x600x8bpp. This is on the old kgicon system, which is in the current
ggi-snapshots. I will try the new kgi-0.9 system from steven.
You can download it from

	http://www.tu-chemnitz.de/~sse/ggi/

Take the latest archive. I think you should test it also. It could be that
the bugs - you have - are (partly) fixed.