  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:52:47 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: Tested beta 2 debian packages

> on X targets just fine.  LibGGI complained about a missing
> linvtsw helper, but maybe I just missed a "suggested" package
> and don't have that library.

If it is missing, you will probably have trouble to switch VTs correctly,
but other than that ...

> The aa target seems to just scroll stuff... yes I had debugging
> off.  Maybe it's the vesafb console size that's making it choke.

Strange. Tried it in X ?

> The fbdev target seems to think it's KGI, makes a grab
> for genkgi.so, fails that and works anyway.

That might be normal. Got to check. Maybe the genkgi module tries to probe
the fbdev device for the enhanced support of kgicon drivers.

> graphics are running.  Console paints a cursor during
> graphics.

That is IIRC related to linvtswitch not being present.

CU, Andy

--
Andreas Beck              |  Email :  <Andreas.Beck@ggi-project.org>