  From: Brian S. Julin <bri@tull.umassp.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 12:00:03 -0400 (EDT)

Tested beta 2 debian packages

I upgraded a system with the older libggi Debian packages to
the latest versions from ftp.debian.org.

Straight LibGGI programs worked fine -- I tested slimy and
compiled and tested ifs and both worked on fbdev (vesafb) and
on X targets just fine.  LibGGI complained about a missing
linvtsw helper, but maybe I just missed a "suggested" package
and don't have that library.

The new libggimisc is installed (correctly?) with version 1.0.0, and
the libggimisc.so link correctly points to that file.  However,
the libggimisc.so.1 link points to libggimisc.so.1.4.99.
This caused a segfault when I added libGGIMisc support into
IFS.

Why does svgalib1-libggi2 depend on svgalibg1?

Other stuff probably bugs in the BETA, not the Debian packages:

The aa target seems to just scroll stuff... yes I had debugging
off.  Maybe it's the vesafb console size that's making it choke.

The fbdev target seems to think it's KGI, makes a grab
for genkgi.so, fails that and works anyway.  This is
kernel 2.1.132 vesafb, so maybe that's just fooling kgicon
somehow into thinking there's a kgicon driver loaded,
which there isn't.  Weird, but I guess to be expected,
that stderr gets printed to fbdev consoles while the
graphics are running.  Console paints a cursor during
graphics.

--
Brian