  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 16:07:38 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: GGI help

Hi !

> 	I realized this ;), but i don't get how i put coloured pixels
> 	onto the visual in 24/32 bit mode.. do you know how? :)

You don't have to set a palette unless you are in a palettized mode.
Doing so yields undefined results. You usually do

  if (GT_SCHEME(mode.graphtype) == GT_PALETTE) {
    ggiSetColorfulPalette(vis);
    ggiGetPalette(vis, 0, 1<<depth, pal);
  }

for programs that don't really care about the exact mode they run on.

To put colored pixels, you first do something like

  map[0].r=0xFFFF; /* this is the highest intensity value for the red part. */
  map[0].g=0xFFFF;
  map[0].b=0xFFFF;

  white=ggiMapColor(vis, &map[0]);

To obtain the pixel-value, which you can then use with the pixel arguments
of ggiPut* and GCSet[Fore/Back]ground.

CU, Andy

--
Andreas Beck              |  Email :  <Andreas.Beck@ggi-project.org>