  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 21:45:16 +1000

Re: phere download fixed.

Evan Martin writes:

>  becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:
>
>  > Movement was possible, but very slow. It was more of the "BOMB" type game
>  > (you know, tanks on a series of hills in 2D, side-view, controlling angle
>  > and power and trying to frag each other).

[SNIP]

>  I forgot to mention that on the page / in the readme, I also really like
>  those side shooting games. I've never heard of BOMB, but Scorched Earth
>  comes to mind.
>
>  I'd like to see your game... where could I get it?

There's a game that sounds very similiar to what Andy describes for
LibGGI called "Mortar", written by Eero Tamminen and available at his
homepage at:

    http://www.students.tut.fi/~t150315/

Download the mortar.tgz and mortar-gfx.tgz, edit the Makefile to select
the GGI version, and from there on it should be plain sailing.

Just thought I'd mention it while we were on the subject :).  I was
planning to test out the latest version, make sure the Eero's latest
fixes worked, and then upload it to the GGI FTP site -- and I still will
when I get a chance...

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <ajapted@netspace.net.au>      \/