  From: Evan Martin <txs@concentric.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:17:55 -0700

Re: phere download fixed.

becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:
> TNX ! Funny game in deed.
Funny?  Is that good or bad? :)

> Pretty preformant as well. I once wrote something similar for very old
> boxes, which due to the missing computing power wasn't as action-prone.
I'm not sure what you mean by "preformant"... was it fast or slow? :)

> Movement was possible, but very slow. It was more of the "BOMB" type game
> (you know, tanks on a series of hills in 2D, side-view, controlling angle
> and power and trying to frag each other).

Good. Maybe you could give me some input about weapon control ideas.
I plan to be able to control the angle of firing on the XY (ground)
plane,
but it may become too complicated if you can also point up and down.

I'd like to make having higher ground have some sort of advantage, to
add more strategy to positioning.

> I think movement is pretty quick compared to the bullets in your game, but
> well, that might be a question of taste.

Yes, all of those variables will be tweaked once it's semiplayable.

> Hmm - what do we have here:
Wow.  That's an impressive list of weapons.
I plan to implement many weapons that act in a similar manner.

I forgot to mention that on the page / in the readme, I also really like
those side shooting games. I've never heard of BOMB, but Scorched Earth
comes to mind.

I'd like to see your game... where could I get it?

Thanks for the input, it really helps.

Evan Martin
txs@concentric.net
http://e.x0r.ml.org