  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 20:45:15 +0200 (MEST)

Re: phere download fixed.

Hi !

> > > More information, screenshot, and downloads are available at
> > > http://e.x0r.ml.org/phere .
> > Downloads don't work. Server tells file doesn't exist.
> Hm, that would help! I fixed it now. :)

TNX ! Funny game in deed.

Pretty preformant as well. I once wrote something similar for very old
boxes, which due to the missing computing power wasn't as action-prone.
Movement was possible, but very slow. It was more of the "BOMB" type game
(you know, tanks on a series of hills in 2D, side-view, controlling angle
and power and trying to frag each other).

It featured many weapons, some funny ones included.

I think movement is pretty quick compared to the bullets in your game, but
well, that might be a question of taste.

If you would like to have a look at my code from that time, send me a note.

Hmm - what do we have here:

1. Weapons:

-  "Grenade","Incin. #1","Incin. #2","Blaster","20K Nuke","150K Nuke"
   (pretty obvious)

- "Bazooka",(point blank shot is very harmful) "Mini Mines", (few damage,
  big range)
- "Digger","Hole","Big Hole","Great Hole","Leveler", (dig various size holes
  into the terrain, no direct impact on enemy)
- "Dirt","Hill","Mountain", (the opposite)

- "Earthquake", (create a pretty jaggy map, bump all a bit up/down)
- "Smoother", (opposite)
- "Plane","Highlands", (make a planar area)
- "Pyramide", (build a pyramide)
- "View", (remote eye)
- "Teleport", (teleport own tank to impact point)
- "Stunner", (makes hit enemy "dizzy")
- "Hacker", (steal money (with which you buy the weapons))
- "Override", (take over a tank - you have multiple in my game)
- "Patriot", (seek and destroy nearest shot)
- "SDI-Lasers", (destroy all currently airborne shots)
- "Buy 10 Men", ("heal")
- "Radar", (build an updated radar image (static one))
- "Mapper", (fill the map for the area hit)
- "Zeus", (hmm - that changes wind directions ... )
- "Flood" (raise sea level)

We have a bunch of guide-systems as well:

- "Range Lock", (when it sees a tank within it's search-circle on the
ground, it stops and drops down)
- "Anti Grav", (no grvity on shot)
- "Wind Stab", (wind doesn't take effect)
- "Full Stab", (both)
- "High Speed", "TurboBoost", (faster shot)
- "Torpedo", (when it hits the water it doesn't explode, but runs on)
- "Minuteman","Tomahawk", (fly tightly above the ground, latter knows water)
- "Steered", (you can "fly" the bullet)
- "Bounce", (bounce from surfaces)
- "Hazard", (at zenith picks a random prey and attacks in a straight line)
- "Nearglide", (same, picks closest)
- "Death Wish", (same, you can put explicit pick)
- "Magn. Lock", (will be distracted by tanks nearby. normally homes in on
tanks, if close enough)
- "Stopper", ( drops down slowly when it crosses a tank - very harmful to
some shields ...)
- "No Rebound", (bypass any rebounding shields and such.
- "Sunburst", (attracts Patriots)
- "Seeker", (seeks for enemies in a wavelike pattern)
- "Anti Radar", (homes on radar emission)
- "MagicMiss.", (slowly but reliably homes on target)
- "Inst.Death" (teleports shot to target).

3. Shields:
- "Raft" (allows you to survive on water),
- "Absorber" (absorbs damage),
- "Rebound", (rebounding sphere on tank)
- "Invisible", (obvious ?)
- "Zerberus", (jams radar)
- "Password", (protection against "Hacker")
- "Haste", (move quicker)
- "Protector", (automatically launches patriots as required)
- "Detonator", (enemy shots detonate at set range)
- "RevGravity", (gravity points up around you)
- "Inv.Mirror", (invisible "mirror plane" at your height)
- "Perm.Radar", (automatically updates radar periodically)
- "Blade Turn" (if someone is about to hit you, he'll regret. Gets his own
  shot back :-)

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =