  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:06:46 +1000

DownScript 2.1 uploaded to FTP

Howdy,

I'm pleased to announce the initial release of DownScript, a program for
converting postscript documents "down" into more manageable text formats
like HTML and ASCII.  I've just uploaded the latest version (2.1) to the
GGI FTP site, but for anyone champing at the bit to try it out (*hehe*),
it's also available on my homepage at:

    http://www.netspace.net.au/~ajapted/

It is an interactive tool (in general), and uses LibGGI for the (pretty
damn basic) user interface.  It also requires Ghostscript, which does
all the dirty work (extracting textual information from the PS file).

Feedback, bug reports, bug fixes (:->) are welcome.

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <ajapted@netspace.net.au>      \/