  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : GGI Developers <ggi-develop@eskimo.com>
  Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 03:39:49 -0700 (MST)

Java and GGI.. *grr*

Grr.  And double grr.

Java-1.1 works but no components.
Java-1.2 won't work for now.

Stoopid Java shared libs are written requiring X and Motif.  I -could-
build a Java that's GGI-compatible but it would require working with the
Java source and that's a *grr* licence-violation.
At least if I release anything it is.

On the flip side Java/native and GGI -do- coexist nicely... as long as GGI
is completely thread-enabled.  Be sure to install signal catchers to
collect various abort signals though or yer desktop is hooped if anything
aborts.  Java's bad for aborting a lot....

Any better ideas for testcode?
I have things working (it's ugly).
AFAIK Java -will- eventually be motif/X free for basic stuff.  I will keep
watching.  If anyone has any better ideas let me know, he?

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis