  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 00:50:15 +1000

Re: kgicon troubles - mode switching (and more)

Joseph Carter writes:

>  On Sat, Apr 17, 1999 at 11:15:57AM +1000, Andrew Apted wrote:
>  >
>  > Read /usr/src/linux/Documentation/VGA-softcursor.txt.  I've got the
>  > following line in my /etc/init.d/boot file to set a nice solid blue
>  > cursor when booting:
>  >
>  >   for i in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8; do echo -ne '\033[?17;25;0c' > /dev/tty$i; done
>  >
>  > Works both on vgacon and framebuffer devices (including kgicon) BTW.
>
>  Ahh, I just figured out why that didn't work for me before..  My bad.
>
>  However supposedly one can do echo -ne '\033[?2c' to get a "normal"
>  blinking underline---comes back with a white blinking block on kgicon,
>  which is supposedly what \033[?6c is supposed to return (and does)
>
>  Does kgicon only support a block cursor at the moment (or at the moment
>  of my last snapshot?)

If I remember correctly, "softcursor on framebuffer" is done by the
FBCON code, so I reckon it's a limitation of the normal kernel stuff.
I'm sure the linux-fb folks would just love a patch which implemented
the different cursor heights *big grin*.

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <ajapted@netspace.net.au>      \/