  From: Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger@t-online.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 16:36:11 +0200 (MEST)

Re: libgii, new mouse code

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> Christoph Egger wrote:
> >
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I have written a new mouse code. The code is based on the gpm-sourcecode
> > version 1.13. It supports all the mouse-types and mouse-protocols as the
> > gpm do. But I don't know how I can include it into the Makefile-system of
> > libgii. So I don't know if it lets compile and if it's work.
> >
> > Is anyone here, to fix and test this?
> >
> > BTW: I have only a serial mouse. So I can't test other mouse-types and
> > other mouse-protocols as the mine supports (serial 3-button mouse and
> > microsoft-compatible). So I need testers, who test and fixes, which I
> > can't test and fix.
>
> Hi,
>
> as gpm is under the GPL it is illegal to distribute this code under the
> LibGGI license. Also input-linux-mouse supports most of these mouse-types
> already. Adding support for new mousetypes which are supported by gpm,
> SVGAlib or XFree, or for those which have protoclol specifications
> available, are trivial and the only reason I haven't added more types are:
>
> 1. Noone has asked for it.
> 2. I can't test it as I don't have access to any of those devices.
>
> If you miss support for a specific pointer device in LibGII either
> point me to an open-source program which supports it, or send me the
> specs, and I'll be happy to add support for it.

I have rewritten the code, so that it let compile it under libgii.
The rewritten code is _not_ based on the source of gpm. Only the
specification-infos are from the gpm-source.

In the attachment you will find the patch.

The new code recognize the middle mouse button on mice using the microsoft
protocol. (That works)
The following changes may not work (can't test, please test!):
1. Optimized the MouseMan-protocol
2. added Wacom tablet support
3. added NCR-pen support (you will find it on some laptops)

Please have a look at it!

Christoph Egger
E-Mail: Christoph_Egger@t-online.de

libgii.diff