  From: Norman Jordan <njordan@home.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 04 Apr 1999 13:10:00 -0700

Re: New to GGI

Christoph Egger wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Apr 1999, Norman Jordan wrote:
>
> > Hello all.  I have been able to get kgi mostly working, I have added an
> > entry in the config for my monitor and I have a Riva TNT card.  I
> > compiled kgi and it works fine except that everything is red.  I was
> > wondering if this is because I have a Riva TNT card or if anyone else
> > has seen this problem.
>
> Under which conditions is everything red? Please give detailed information
> as you can.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> Please :-)
>
> Christoph Egger
> E-Mail: Christoph_Egger@t-online.de

When I first load the module, I have white text on a black background with
vertical white lines going all the way across the screen.  They are only
separate by maybe 4 pixels.  I then use fbset to change the resolution to
"1024x768x32" and I then have red text on a black background.  I have tried
out the warp program and the picture turned out all red, just with varying
shades.  I have also played around with the monitest demo and found that I
can get color if I change the display depth to 8, however I then have the
white lines through everything.