  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 19:44:50 +0200 (MEST)

Re: About the ggiplay program.

Hi !

> I tried your ggiplay program and I was able to get it compiled under
> Solaris but I could not find any mov files that it would run.

Yes - you need "flattened" .mov files that use JPEG encoding.
All "professional" codecs are unavailable due to licensing issues.

> Every
> file I tried gave me a "codec not supported" error. I had a little
> trouble compiling because the Makefile did not include things like
> where to find the lib and include files and so on. Could you add
> this patch to your Makefile to fix those problems?

This is as the tgz was intended to be put inside the quicktime4linux
directory.

I'll talk to the author of qt4linux about the make process and building
shared libraries from it for additional convenience.

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =