  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:12:12 +0000

Re: libggi2d

Thomas Tanner wrote:
> PS: Please upgrade to the latest CVS libtool.
>     The libtool used in GGI has some serious bugs.

Exactly what are those bugs?
The libtool which comes with LibGGI works on at least Linux, Solaris,
OpenBSD, FreeBSD and Digital Unix - which can't be said about the
normal libtool (need_version=no is not defined for osf. The libtool
I used as a base had more problems, I haven't checked if they are
eliminated in the current version.)

In any case I will regularly sync our libtool with the libtool
CVS, but I won't do it too often as testing it on all platforms I
have access to takes some time.

> PS2: What do you think about using the libtool dlopen
>      wrapper library? It has a new more free license now.

Yes I noted that just before we released beta2 and I'll have a look
at libltdl soon.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan/
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se