  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:03:34 +1000

Small problem with latest Beta

Howdy folks,

I had a small problem with the latest beta.  I downloaded the latest
LibGGI Beta 2 snapshot (libggi-2.0b2.tar.gz) and LibGII snapshot
(libgii-0.5.tar.gz), then obliterated all the old GGI/GII stuff in /usr
to get a nice fresh install, and then went on to install them.

LibGII went fine, but LibGGI choked during make when it hit the file
display/fbdev/mode.c.  The problem was the symbol `MAP_FAILED' which was
not defined.  I've grepped all the header files in /usr/include for this
symbol but nothing defines it.  Could it be a glibc2 addition ?  I'm
still using libc5 here (linux 2.1.126).

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <ajapted@netspace.net.au>      \/