  From: Steffen Seeger <s.seeger@physik.tu-chemnitz.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:23:38 +0200 (MEST)

Re: GGI feature connector amd I2C support? (fwd)

> --
> Steve Cheng
>
> email: steve@ggi-project.org
> www: <http://shell.ipoline.com/~elmert/>;

These are going to be supported by kgi_display specific (permanent,
in the contrast to mode-dependent) kgi_resources. These are not yet
defined in kgi.h.

Basically we'll have to define a new resource, e.g.

typdef enum kgi_resource_type
{
	KGI_RT_INTERFACE	= 0x20000000,
		KGI_RT_DDC,
		KGI_RT_VMI,
};

and a corresponding resource struct

typedef struct
{
	... interface information
	... management functions
	... setup functions

} kgi_vmi_interface;

However, it's hard to get documentation on the parts at the other
side of the bus (e.g. MPEG decodes etc.)...

> Gary Sands (gsands@stbni.co.uk)
> Senior Software Engineer, STB Systems Inc.
> Tel: +44 (0)1232 258407, Fax: +44 (0)1232 319970

			Steffen

----------------- e-mail: seeger@physik.tu-chemnitz.de -----------------
------------- The GGI Project: http://www.ggi-project.org -------------