  From: Marcus Sundberg <mackan@stacken.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 22:44:58 +0200

Re: libgii, new mouse code

Christoph Egger wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I have written a new mouse code. The code is based on the gpm-sourcecode
> version 1.13. It supports all the mouse-types and mouse-protocols as the
> gpm do. But I don't know how I can include it into the Makefile-system of
> libgii. So I don't know if it lets compile and if it's work.
>
> Is anyone here, to fix and test this?
>
> BTW: I have only a serial mouse. So I can't test other mouse-types and
> other mouse-protocols as the mine supports (serial 3-button mouse and
> microsoft-compatible). So I need testers, who test and fixes, which I
> can't test and fix.

Hi,

as gpm is under the GPL it is illegal to distribute this code under the
LibGGI license. Also input-linux-mouse supports most of these mouse-types
already. Adding support for new mousetypes which are supported by gpm,
SVGAlib or XFree, or for those which have protoclol specifications
available, are trivial and the only reason I haven't added more types are:

1. Noone has asked for it.
2. I can't test it as I don't have access to any of those devices.

If you miss support for a specific pointer device in LibGII either
point me to an open-source program which supports it, or send me the
specs, and I'll be happy to add support for it.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |   E-Mail: mackan@stacken.kth.se