  From: Leimy <dleimbac@falcon.lhup.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 13:16:48 -0400 (EDT)

Re: KGI and fbdev

> Hi !
> > Ok I upgraded to 2.2.5 for my linux kernel.  I have no framebuffer device
> > listed in my /dev/ directory.  Can someone point me to information for
> > creating this device file.
>
> /usr/src/Linux/Documentation/devices.txt

Ok I set it up in /dev with the correct major and minor numbers and
recompiled and installed libggi but every demo gives the error:

display-fbdev: Couldn't open framebuffer device /dev/fb0: Operation not
supported by device

my mode flags are rw for everyone (666) and it is a character special
file.

What am I not doing correctly?   I also did an
export FRAMEBUFFER=/dev/fb0

before I ran any demos.

HELP!!!
Dave