  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 12:04:00 +0200 (MEST)

Re: GGI feature connector amd I2C support? (fwd)

Hi !

> > 	I've been looking over the GGI documentation over the last couple of
> > days and I am interested to know if there are plans to implement device
> > independent feature connector video port support and I2C bus support (for
> > DDC, PanelLink control and multimedia devices) in KGI?

Definitely. Though Documentation is hard to come by for most of these
features ... grr ...

> > If so, how could kernel drivers for video overlay devices be stacked
> > on this support?

Well - the idea is to have the chipset export an "Intraface" for each of
these external buses and either:

- attach external modules to it that have their own devices and stuff,
which would make sense for stuff like video-overlay equipment that is
pretty much separate from the graphics generation or
- link the KGI driver with additional subsystems

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =