  From: Johan Karlberg <wlfshmn@failure.aroundit.com>
  Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 21:27:16 +0200 (CEST)

Re: Matrox specifications

DO NOT DO THIS> It is important that we treat hardware manufactuerrs with
the same respect that we would like them to show us. If this is how we are
percieved, we will NEVER get specs, and you can be sure that restrictions
on chipset specs will increase.

i STRONGLY urge you NOT to give out the specifications, since if you doi
you are committing copyright violation against the agreement you accepted
when you downloaded the specs. no matter who you were logged in as, it was
YOU that accepted those conditions.

I also urge you to re register with matroxunder a rela name/e-mail, I have
been registered for almost two years and have recieved no unsolicited
e-mail nor snail mail as a result of it. also, the MAtrox devrel program
has been very helpfull to me, even when I show my ignorance on subjectsa
so I would strongly frown on any attempt to circumwnet the relativly light
restrictions Matrox places on the chipset specifications.

Johan Karlberg.