  From: James Simmons <jsimmons@edgeglobal.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:04:01 -0400 (EDT)

Re: KGI and fbdev

On Fri, 9 Apr 1999, Leimy wrote:

> Ok I upgraded to 2.2.5 for my linux kernel.  I have no framebuffer device
> listed in my /dev/ directory.  Can someone point me to information for
> creating this device file.  I would like to get started with KGI as i am
> going to try to make a driver for my Trident based chipset card.

Hi!

 Okay. Go into degas/kgicon/util and do a make and a make install. The
make install use to make the /dev/fb* devices.

James Simmons                            ``The wise man doesn't give right
System Admin EdgeNet Inc                   answers, he poses the right
Linux Kernel Developer                     questions.''
jsimmons@edgeglobal.com                   Claude Levi-Strauss
http://www.edgeglobal.com/~jsimmons