  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 23:23:50 +0200 (MEST)

fbdev mode timing fix commited.

Hi !

As this issue was raised a few times lately, I hacked in support for
reading /etc/fb.modes and setting up fbcon timings with the help of that
file.

XGGI and other apps should now nicely switch modes, _IF_ the requested mode
is in that database. If it isn't, you will get a warning the the GGI debug
logs.

One might want to try to be smart and select the next higher timing
and pad on the left/right and up/down entries, so you should get a centered
small picture with the requested resolution, but it isn't guaranteed, that
the calculated values would be actually settable on the card, so I left that
out. If you want odd resolutions with dumb fbcon drivers, define them.

Note, that this doesn't change anything for kgicon drivers, which always
calc the timings themselves. Only "traditional" fbcon drivers are affected.

CU, ANdy

--
= Andreas Beck                    |  Email :  <andreas.beck@ggi-project.org> =